SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monsoon99_gw

Help with whole house water softner system

monsoon99
10 years ago

Again and again I have turned to the generous folk on gardenweb to help me with costly decisions about which I have little knowledge. So here I am again:

We live in Southern California (Pasadena area) and 3 years ago built a new house and are already seeing damages to glass shower doors, chrome faucets, staining of marble and granite and the list goes on. My concern is mainly this issue which I think is excessive calcium deposits?? I know very little about water softners just that I think I need to get one.

My general philosophy is to spend the money if I have to but get something that works well and requires little maintenance from me. I deeply regret not having installed a system to address this problem when we were doing the construction but there's nothing I can do about that. I have read some of the posts and the valuable advise provided by justalurker and asolo but it is still very unclear and the information is too technical. I do understand however that the first thing I need to do is get my water tested and provide info on our family's water consumption? Can someone tell me how to do these and get started? Thanks.

Comments (5)