SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cal_dreamer

Reclaiming a 'lost' bathroom (w/pics)

cal_dreamer
14 years ago

DD#2 moved out recently and now I need to reclaim the bathroom I'd given up on for the past 15 years or so. I don't want to spend much or do any major changes, just turn it back into a nice guest bathroom and clean it up for sale in a few years.

Before:

After cleaning the rest of the junk out and washing down hairspray residue, hard water deposits, makeup, etc...

(The dogs trying to figure out why I'm standing in the bathtub)

Since my house is kind of southwestern with saltillo pavers, I'm really thinking I need some color on the walls to balance the blue-green tiles on the floor. I like dusty, greyed-out muted tones. I can't stand pastels or "dinner-mint" colors but don't want to go too dark in such a small room.

For those of you with SW fandecks, the countertop is cultured marble in greys which go best with strip D, and the liner in the shower matches Dovetail gray. I was thinking about painting a gray from that strip, but it may leave the room too blah. I was also thinking about Magnetic gray or Unusual gray, which would read blue-green and coordinate with the floor tile. Then paint the ceiling and trim an off-white like Snowbound, put up some white towels and a clear shower curtain and call it done.

What do you think? Any other color suggestions would be welcome. (Currently it is painted an off-white with a lot of yellow undertones - which really show up when the halogen lights are on.)

~Holly

Comments (12)