SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

shower hand spray installation question

flseadog
16 years ago

I don't know the correct terms for what I want to do but I hope someone can understand this question. Most hand sprays are installed on a slider bar. as far as I can tell in most pictures, with the hose connection going right into the shower wall for the water supply. I want to install a hand spray to the shower arm that is at fixed shower head height with the hose attached to the shower arm with a bracket. This is how my $25 plastic water pik is currently attached. For our new shower I want to use the same system but I want to get a good quality metal bracket attachment that would match our good quality new shower spray. The water pik swivels and also lifts out of its plastic bracket. Does a comparable metal bracket(polished chrome over brass)exist?

On another post I've read that there is a "splitter" attachment for a shower arm that will accommodate both a fixed head and a hand spray. A diverter is used to change which shower head gets the water. I don't want or need two shower heads on one shower arm but if this is the only way to accomplish attaching a hand spray to a shower arm with a metal bracket could the fixed spray outlet be capped off rather than used?

Hope this makes sense and someone can help. Thanks

Comment (1)