SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kick_

New apartment... I need help with colours

kick_
16 years ago

I'm finding it difficult to add colour to my new space, particularly the living room, and was hoping for some assistance/advice. The apartment already features brown tones in the carpet and baseboard trim but i'd like to add some more cheerful/brighter colours to make things a little more lively, yet comfortable/inviting.

The walls are standard apartment off-white. Nothing offensive, just neutral. I am permitted to paint, but I would rather not.

I already have a couch/loveseat but they are dark blue. While i'm not terribly fond of the colour, they are fairly new, comfortable and are what I have to work with at the moment. I have been looking at slipcovers as an affordable way of adding colour.

Lastly, the sliding door to the balcony needs curtains. I'm already planning on an inner-mounted white sheer panel for privacy but I also need outer-mounted curtains that are insulated/room darkening as I get a fair amount of evening sun (west facing). I figure the heavier curtains are another way of adding colour.

So, thoughts are appreciated. Particularly, what goes with brown? :)

Comments (3)