SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluestarrgallery

New Ugly Kitchen Needs Help

bluestarrgallery
14 years ago

We move in two days to a new (to us) home in Florida and our kitchen needs lots of help (actually the whole house does, but that's another story) but we have a very limited budget. The furniture is not ours.

We will remove wall paper (grumbling constantly). We thought we'd get either laminate or tile floors throughout the whole house. We have a stainless frig, but the appliances that are there already are white. the refrigerator door faces the wrong direction I hope it can be switched.

There is a pass through from the kitchen into the dining room which is kinda hokey since I couldn't see myself passing food out to a dining room. The kitchen sink has a window which is a pass through to the lanai, I could see myself using that though. perhaps we can close in the pass through to the dining area and on the dining side put some recessed shelves since the wallboard would be hard to match up.

We like a modern style, and I thought I'd use tropical colors throughout the home. What do you think, can we make it look better with paint and other inexpensive fixes? What about a built in banquet for the eat in kitchen part?

These are the only photos I have right now.

Comments (35)