SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachier

3 y/o Boxer - Forgot House Training???

rachier
14 years ago

Hi, I'm a newbie here and this is my first post!

We have two dogs, an almost 3 year old chihuahua and a 3 year old boxer. Both have been successfully house trained and have minor accidents once in a blue moon, usually when they are sick or when left alone for a long period of time (rarely happens).

We recently went on vacation and were gone over a 4 day period. We had someone house sit and watch the dogs...and after putting the pieces together I don't see how she could've done things as asked and had as many problems as she did (but that's another story). The dogs had MULTIPLE accidents while we were gone. We were shocked to say the least as this is EXTREMELY out of the ordinary. (We've been on several short and extended vacations in the past few years and have NEVER had any problems with the dogs and a house sitter)

My problem is our boxer has had close to ten accidents inside the house since we've been back (over the course of a week and a half). It's like all of a sudden he's developed amnesia and forgets that he's supposed to go outside before relieving himself. One morning we were laying in bed, talking and trying to wake up and the dog lifted his leg and went all over the dvd player and cable box in our bedroom! He's gone on the recliner and the sofa, the kitchen floor....I've been frustrated to the point of tears many times in the last week and I really don't know what to do! I'm at a total loss - please help!!!

Comments (7)