SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klin03

Repotting 5y/o Pothos

klin03
11 years ago

I am getting ready to repot my 5 y/o pothos and the task is weighing on me so I'm hoping to get a little advice. I had intended on including pictures but wasn't given the option, but it's a VERY dense plant, still staked on the original stake from when it was purchased 5 years ago. The vines have grown so long, wrapped around the plant at the soil, tied up the stake again, and grown back to the floor. It has been repotted once, from it's original plastic pot, but it was much smaller at that time and the original pot being plastic, it was easy to remove. I have ordered a new moss stake (30" plus a 12" extender) from Mosser Lee and my intentions are to have a tall column of pothos. How should I go about making the move from it's current ceramic container AND replacing it's stake? There's SO much unstructured plant to handle, should I prune it back pretty heavily? I was hoping I could use it's current size to begin to fill up the new stake but I'm anticipating a tangled mess and the cringe-worthy sounds of leaves being snapped from their stems as my 2 and 4 years olds try to "help". Weeeeeee! Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Comments (17)