SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Best melting 'white chocolate' chips

I keep trying brands. I used to have ones that worked, but it seems like they've changed their formulas to hold their shape, to be used as chips on cookies, rather than melt. Even melting discs, did not melt right (?!) I'm almost convinced white chocolate has it in for me.

Last year I went through so many bags, different brands, and none melted. I tried microwave, double boiler (my preferred method, as I can keep it over the water while working), nothing worked.

My 19 year old daughter's white chocolate dipped strawberries did not work. We stayed up half the night, and she was so disappointed. She was going to bring them to an extended family dinner, and wow everyone. She almost cried. I probably spent $20 on white chocolate, only to have bags full of hardened junk chipped out of the pans/bowls afterward (still awaiting some possible use, in the back of the refrigerator).

The best melting regular "chocolate" chocolate turned out to be Trader Joe's big blocks.

I know you can buy Almond Bark making blocks, but I read the label on those, and it was not appealing.

Every Christmas I want to melt some to at least drizzle on candies or chocolate dipped cookies. This year I'll ask here first!

Thank you for your help.

Comments (4)