SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
javgat

Making a Laundry Room where there isnt one now?

javgat
16 years ago

Hello All,

Looking to buy a new home (Mississauga,Ontario area) & unfortunately, homes in this area are not commonly built with upper floor laundry rooms. With getting older & arthritis setting in, it is more necessity than convenience in having an upper floor laundry room. There is a home we have considered putting an offer on but I would buy only if I can convert an upper floor small bedroom into a laundry room. There is a bathroom right beside this room. What process do we need to do in order to ensure that this can be done? Do I have to have a plumber come in or city inspector for this? There is carpeting on the floor now which is a non issue. If it is enough to have the bathroom beside this room then we are good. My husband mentioned something about slanting & flow. The toilet is located on the other side of the wall where the washing machine would be so I'm guessing that there probably isnt a problem with flow. ;-) Should there not be enough slanting if the toilet is there? We dont have a problem with the financial commitment since we plan on living in our new home for many years. Ignorance is bliss, & we really dont know the cost, but again, more necessity than convenience so we need to do it one way or another & if not, then we need to look at another house.

Thank you kindly,

Javgat

Comment (1)