SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patty_cakes_gw

swollen gums on kittie(8years old)...

patty_cakes
16 years ago

For the thrird time in less than a year my Sissy has developed what the vet called a possible immune system disorder~he thinks she may be allergic to her teeth! The first time I took her in, he gave me amoxicillan tabs, and she took them twice a day for a week. Within less than a month, it developed again. I took her in, and decided rather than the slow acting pills, we should zap it good so took her in for a shot of amoxicillan for 5 days straight. Within 2 months it was back. He said she might have an immune system disorder, in which case all her teeth might need to be pulled, and taking her to a vetenary dentist, as he felt he had done everything he could. He also mentioned it was ralely seen in dimestic animals, bt common in cats in the wild. Also those infected with feline leukenia~she was tested and the test came back normal.

Ideas anyone? I really can't stand the thought of having this little girls' teeth removed. ;o(

She still has it and i'm dreading taking her in to the vet dentist. I water down her food with warm water so she can lap it up easily.

Comments (4)