SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

My daughter the nurse

LorifromUtah
16 years ago

I'm so proud I could bust!

Digger did her CNA clinicals last week at a rest home in Logan. She has a few more techniques to pass off to get her certification. Those will be done this week.

She'll graduate in May as a certified Dental Hygienist and with her CNA rating! She also has half of her EMT certification done.

If this isn't great enough news, she got a full ride scholarship for her RN certification in Logan!

There are some pre-reg classe she will have to complete before but I did some checking today.

There is a Rock Springs Wyoming outreach campus in Evanston.

They offer these pre-req classes online, by satellite or in-classroom! Best of all, they will waive the out of state tuition because her Dad works in Wyoming.

She has two options for the pre-reqs: she can work for a care home OR the Evanston hospital and they will pay her tuition as well as travel mileage. In return she will have a contract to work with the one she works for OR have the option of buying the contract out.

Smart girl!

She's set goals, worked hard and found a way to get a nearly free nursing education!

Did I mention I was proud?

Jesse and I had a good time picking out three pairs of scrubs for her. Each piece interchanges with the others. And her clogs! It was a hard decision picking between the hotpink or the turquoise blue. We settled on hot pink.

I even took pictures of her.

LOL

"MOM!" she said. 'I'm NOT going to kindergarten!!!!"

I told her to shut up and smile.

LOL

Lori

Comments (12)