SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weed30

Easy Holiday Cookie (TJ Ripoff)

weed30 St. Louis
15 years ago

Just had to share this easy and yummy "recipe". I was at Trader Joe's and they had a huge display for "Mint Joe-Joe's", advertising that they had to be tasted to be believed. Pretty pricey at $3.99 for a small box, but who was I to argue? So I'm in my car, tasting so I can believe, and hmmmm...these are definitely really good! But the cookie is so Oreo-like. And the topping is just crushed candy canes. Hmmmm again - I could make these. So I did. IMO, they are even better than TJ's!

Mint Oreo Holiday Cookies

2 Packages Double Stuff Cool Mint Oreos

About 1 1/2 Trader Joe's Pound Plus Dark Chocolate bars (or whatever chocolate you like to dip with - total needed is about 25 oz.)

About 3 dozen small candy canes

Put candy canes in a ziplock bag and lightly tap with a mallet or roll with rolling pin to crush. Pieces should be about 1/8".

Pour crushed candy canes into a sieve to eliminate the dust, set aside.

Temper chocolate for dipping. Instructions

Dip cookies in chocolate using a dipping fork or just dunk them by holding with your fingers/thumb.

Shake off excess chocolate and put on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or waxed paper.

Dip about 6 cookies, then stop and sprinkle on the crushed candy canes while chocolate is still melty.*

Repeat until done.

Cool cookies in fridge to set chocolate.

*To make the process go faster, dunk with one hand and sprinkle with the other so you don't have to keep washing your hands during the sprinkling part.

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!