SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

Christmas 'game'??

susie_que
14 years ago

Howdie All!!

To say that things have been crazy would be an understatement...alas I have been planning our family Christmas open house.

Its really been a blessing too taking my mind of the recent tragidy and helping me shift my focus so to speak.

So I am feeling a bit out of the loop when it comes to this whole open house thing.

For many in my family this will be the first time seeing the house so its bound to be hectic showing the house all the while keeping an eye on the foods.

Last night my MIL called my DH to whine about having to come during the "open house" hours. She claims she wants to come early and do the whole "gift" thing and leave before anyone else gets there.

Frank said a firm NO!! Stating that I would be up to my eyeballs in prep and would have no time to sit and do the whole gift thing.

The 2 families are pleasant with each other for the most part and I have no idea why MIL would feel like making a quick exit.

Maybe its because I haven't had the entire family together in some time that makes her feel anxious.

My friend suggested a game...like a shower game to break the ice. She said I should hand out ribbons with bells on it and if someone says a certian word like work or job ect...you lose a bell.

I think its weird but if it breaks the ice I will try it!!

Generally MIL will come to my home for partys and plant herself on the sofa arms folded wiating to be "waited on" and in most cases Frank will indeed wait on her but he also wants her to be more social and he thinks a game might work!!

Keep in mind there will be a LOT of people here and there is a LOT of things to do I mean after all we do have the pool table as well as a game table and wii, xbox, playstation for everyone to enjoy. Drew has been practicing his guitar so we can have a sing a long and I am sure there will be a more than a few walks down to the riverfront so at no point should anyone be bored LOL!!

So if anyone has any suggestions for an ice breaking party game I sure would love to hear them!!

Cheers!

Susie

Comments (8)