SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chi83

Cream Cheese Brandy Cherry Balls Question

Chi
12 years ago

Good morning,

I wanted to make Ann's recipe for Cream Cheese Brandy Cherry Balls but I don't have any brandy. My budget is already being stretched tight so I would prefer not to have to buy another liquor so I'm wondering if you guys think any of these would be acceptable (I know some probably wouldn't work at all but i'm listing everything I have just in case) I don't drink or cook with alcohol much so I don't have the palate to know ahead of time if it will work. I know sometimes alcohol can be subbed out easily but some recipes are stricter than others.

I already have:

Vodka

Southern Comfort

Malibu Coconut rum

Baileys Irish Cream

Jameson Irish Whiskey

What do you think? I was thinking maybe the Southern Comfort but I don't want to ruin the recipe using something that won't work at all because I'm too cheap to get brandy, haha.

Here's the recipe for reference:

Cream Cheese Brandy Cherry Balls (Ann_T)

Source: 1983 Oct/Nov. Entertainment and Recipe Booklet

1/2 cup maraschino cherries, quartered

2 tablespoons Brandy

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 8 ounce package cream cheese

2 cups mini marshmallows

1/2 cup chopped walnuts

2 cups flaked coconut

Marinate cherries at least 4 hours or overnite in brandy Melt Chocolate chips and butterscotch chips and add cream cheese. Stir in cherries, marshmallows and walnuts and refrigerate until cold enough to roll into balls. Roll in coconut. Refrigerate. The longer the better. The flavours intensify.

Thanks!

Comments (3)