SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czecheart

? decor style goes with white kitchen

11 years ago

We are remodeling kitchen with white shaker cabinets and white carrera marble countertops, planning on soft light gray walls. We are changing out all oak doors and trim to white. We have 8 ft ceilings. Have not decided if we should have oak floors refinished in natural or dark. We are basically updating the rest of the rooms too.

Our kitchen is open to all rooms on our first floor and from the front door entry area you can see kitchen, living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway and stairway, so I have to consider style and color in all those rooms.

So what decorating style goes with this kitchen plan ? What colors schemes, furniture etc. (other than modern or contemporary) can you see in the adjacent rooms ?

My problem is that I've been looking at tons of pictures, houzz, etc. I'm drawn to many different looks : soft, romantic , light and airy , farmhouse, french, some shabby chic, transitional and bringing outdoors inside styles ( we are in the country.) I know you can mix styles but that doesn't seem to be coming together for me. I haven't been able to get balanced between what I love, what goes with the gray kitchen idea , and what actually works in the rest of the spaces.

Looking forward to hearing all of your ideas !

Comments (4)