SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igloochic

Just for fun...want to help furnish this room?

igloochic
15 years ago

I am just playing today to avoid the frustration of dealing with a very sick 3 year old (I'm currently sitting on him to keep him in bed) ;OP

Just for grins and giggles, I decided to "furnish" our hopefully new home by shopping at 1st dibs online. (This is all imaginary). I got the idea after some old bat critized me for considering going to the UK to buy furnishings in another forum :o) So I figured I'd see what I could do in my imagination while stuck at home...want to join me? I love to see what combo's people come up with for decorating a room. Everyone is so different, in all the right ways :)

So, if you had $10,000 to do this room...shop at first dibs...what would you pick for it? It's the main room in the house, and somewhat protected by the national register. I want to do it in a period style, but not nutty uncomfortable Victorian.

A few pics of the room...

{{!gwi}}

That bit of lace you see is the back end of a grand piano which will go. It takes up too much room.

Here's a picture from the entry hall looking into the room (all dolls can be decapitated online if necessary) :oP

This is the rotunda/turret whatever you'd call it close up:

{{!gwi}}

Fireplace which should lead me to color choices since it's original (and really cool IMO)

{{!gwi}}

The light is special and stays, once again highlighting greens:

{{!gwi}}

View out the dining room door (fireplace would be on your left and a little cubby with a nice size desk is on the right of the door)

{{!gwi}}

The room is approximately 19x19 give or take a foot

{{!gwi}}

Honestly this is just for fun :)

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st dibs

Comments (37)