SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinitytx_gw

Sister starts her radiation Monday

trinitytx
16 years ago

She so does not want to go....she has been through chemo, and surgery, and now faces 6 weeks of radiation. 5 days a week, for a little over six weeks.

For those of you that may not know, whe was diagnosed with breast cancer this past summer. She was being tested for something else and they detected it. And she is a nurse.

It is so hard for us with her in Washington State, and me in Texas, to see each other often, but we talk on the phone alot!

She has kept a journal since this began, and is toying with writing a book about her journey. I think it is a great idea.

I have worn a sterling cancer ribbon bracelet on my left wrist ever since losing my father to cancer in 1989. It has not left my wrist since then. Almost 20 years now. Hard to believe. I vowed never to take it off until there was a cure for cancer. I have kept that vow.

I told her that when she was over her treatments I would fly her to Texas and take the bracelet off of my wrist and put it on her. For her, the cure is here and now. She had no idea I had worn this since our dad died.

She plans on coming here in May, and told me tonite she would like to title her book "When I see you in May"

trin

Comments (19)