SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Moved Water Line and Now Have Too Much Pressure

monicakm_gw
14 years ago

We live in the country. Are on a community well. 28 years ago when we built, the water company wouldn't put a meter at our home site. We had to put it 300 yards down the road! With the expansion of the system, they've allowed us to move our meter to our property. We had very good water pressure before (according to plumbers and water sprinkler people) but now it's reallllllly strong. But here's the thing I don't understand. When no one has used any water for awhile and the water dispenser on the fridge or water out of any sink or even the washing machine is turned on, it comes out very forceful AND THEN AFTER A 2-3 SECONDS IT BACKS DOWN A BIT. Have you heard of this? Is it *just* too much pressure or is there something else wrong? I'm calling the water company tomorrow to have them turn down the pressure but I don't understand the initial force and then it slows down a little. Seems like there's an enormous amt of water pressure just sitting on my plumbing waiting to be released. Hoping it isn't released by blowing a fitting apart :o

Monica

Comments (4)