SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
putzie

Help with color white selection for bathroom remodel

Hello-I'm in the last phase of designing our small bathroom remodel. I am stuck with the color design part, more specifically, the color white that we're using. We are gutting and starting with a blank slate. Here's what's been decided so far:

Small bathroom first of all (7.5ft by almost 5 feet). The plan is for all white fixtures, bathtub, toilet, sink. Polished chrome faucets, etc..White subway tile in bathtub surround, white shaker style custom cabinet, white beadboard wainscot. The countertop on the white vanity will be white Carrara Marble. Backsplash is a beautiful glass tile that has a gray/blue theme. 1x2 placed in a brick formation. The floor is a 3x3 dark gray porcelain tile that will be placed point on point.

I'm stuck on the white now. I am using glazed Dal subway tile for the bathtub surround, and think that Arctic white will give us that bright white clean look we want. We don't want the tile to look dingy. However, I'm stuck on the trim. I'm fearful of bright white on the casements, cabinet, wainscot, base moulding, door, etc...I have bright white on the rest of the trim in the house and can't wait to paint it a warm white. BUT, I really think that the contrast of white and gray (especially charcoal gray) is striking and beautiful.

The question is (sorry for being so wordy): Is using a warm white on the trims and the cabinet going to look funny with a bright white in the bathtub? I don't believe in matching colors-I'm more in the complimenting of them, but still stuck. Oh, the walls will be painted a beautiful blue/gray. White ceiling.So, I guess what I'm saying is that I prefer to have a warm white on the trims/wainscott/cabinet and bright white in the bathtub surround. Whew!

Any color design assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (4)