SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peytonrose1015

Need ideas for family room french doors--pic

ILoveRed
15 years ago

Hi. Lurking and can't believe how many smart people here. Maybe you can help me get started.

My house is three yrs old and I have done very little as far as decorating. Every time I think about doing something, I look around and then end up doing nothing after being bogged down by my own self doubt. The few things I've done have been done by a decorator, and although she does great work, it is her taste more than mine.

Now, I am determined to get moving starting small--with the doors in this family room. It is in a walk out basement and one of the problems is that at times it is too light. Here is what I would like to accomplish.

1. Something light and pretty on the french doors that can be easily opened and closed. I like the look of the panels that hang on the rings if someone can help educate me on how this works on a french door.

2. Something that will make the room more colorful--soften the room. The furniture is a dark burgundy leather. Black cottage looking tables. Floor is tan cork. Rug is light colored and neutral. Walls are SW--Nomadic Desert (I think).

3. Basement is "man area" with bar and pool table behind camera and giant ugly TV to the left. DH won't let me get rid of it for something less obtrusive.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thank you so much.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (18)