SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21911409

My heart is broken

User
15 years ago

About an hour ago, my beloved old cat Louie died. He is wrapped in a soft blanket on the porch awaiting my husband who will help bury him. Louie was 19 and the most gregarious cat I ever had. Even last evening, a worker was fixing a door and he was sitting in his tool box. He had been declining for years but as long as he ate and used his litter box and drank, I would tend to his every need. He still could jump from the island to the table. But when I came down this morning his claw was caught on the cushion and he was hanging by his feet. I righted him and laid him down but he jumped up again and fell off the island. That was the final straw to his old body. He ate some but laid there while I petted him and he closed his eyes and died. I am devastated. I had this cat two years before my granddaughter was born and she graduated last week. Later I was making a sandwich and when I went for the cheese I turned around to give Louie some and started crying all over. Every day in his whole life, he begged a piece of cheese from me..yesterday as well..Rest in peace, you beautiful mischievous orange boy with the vivid green eyes.I will miss you so.

Comments (16)