SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
izzie_gw

dyson vacuum

izzie
13 years ago

I did it, bought one. From the shogoodwill web site. It was a never used one. I guess I took a chance. I really needed a new one anyway and always get cheap ones that work ok. I paid $250, that was with about $50 shipping. There were no other bidders, hope this wasn't a mistake. It really worked well, I did a quick once over with old one and then the Dyson. It really seemed to work well, even the "air" seemed better after I finished. It certainly can't be worse than a cheap ones I usually get (around $100) The only problem is using in on stairs with carpet. I have a splint entry so it stairs get dirty quick and have fur from cats. My old one I would keep upright and kind of vacuum (brush would spin) the best I could then get out hand tools. But the Dyson brush doesn't spin when its upright because when it's in that position the brush doesn't spin because it "assumes" you are using hand tools, it still sucks, but need that brush to spin!....I guess there is a trick way to hold it in the "recline" position and kind of vacuum. Anyway I guess I am happy for now. Anyone have a suggestion for doing stairs with this machine?

--Has anyone heard from firemanswife? Hope everything is going well and kids are happy. Hope to hear from you.

Comments (4)