SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emmhip

Cat losing weight...

emmhip
15 years ago

Hi-

I recently noticed that my cat has lost some weight. I can feel his backbone and hipbones. He's always been a small cat, but seemed to have more muscle. I have made a vet appointment for him, but he won't be going until Monday morning. He's still eating, drinking, pooping and peeing (not an emergency, that is why he's going on Monday). He just seems to be eating less, seems lethargic, and has stopped humping stuffed animals, which used to be his favorite activity, despite being neutered. His abdomen seems sort of hard too, like not as squishy as it once was. He was recently dewormed, because our other cat's stool sample came up positive for round worm. He is a long haired cat, and sometimes gets hairballs. Could he have a very large hairball that he can't throw up in his stomach? (This is what I was thinking about last night when I was trying to go to sleep!) He is ten years old. Any ideas on what this could be? I'm sure it could be a ton of things. What tests will they do on him when I bring him in?

Comments (22)