SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Completed pics of decorative grille for ent. console

Valerie Noronha
14 years ago

Last week I had asked for feedback on some different grilles we were considering for our entertainment console. The overwhelming vote was for the diamonds; though after I had requested feedback I was lucky enough to find the smaller sized diamond pattern that DH and I preferred--given that the contents inside the cabinet were not that decorative. We had decided to swap out the glass panels for the metal grilles because DH wanted additional ventillation as the components were over heating the cabinet.

Here is the before:

{{!gwi}}

Here is the after:

{{!gwi}}

We purchased the grilles at Orchard Supply Hardware in a 24x24 sheet. Our neighbor cut it to size for us with an electric saw (DH said sparks were flying), then I spray painted it with Rustoleum in a hammered finish to match the existing hardware and DH installed them.

Thank you to sheesharee for initially giving me the idea as she has replaced one of the panels in her kitchen cabinet with a similar grille. Before this DH would open the glass cabinet to the left everytime the PS3 was on (which seems to emit the most heat). Not only does it provide the necessary ventillation, but I think it looks much better too. DH likes all his tech-y toys, but I prefer not to see them all in open view. DH next needs to work on our surround sound speaker system next and plans to put a bass speaker in one of the cabinets and then get rid of the antiquitated ones on the console and bottom left. I'm also thinking of moving the cordless headphones pictured left inside the cabinet as well. DH bought them so we don't have to hear the TV when kids are watching. There are so many episodes of Hanna Montana we care to hear!

Comments (16)