SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzienj

Help decorate our guest bedroom! pics

suzienj
14 years ago

New house, new projects- lol

WE have a guest room- to be used for my mom and others... its a great sized room but i can't seem to find my furniture-- i would say our house is "traditional" in style. Thinking about a brown toned furiture style- i love ballard designs style but didn't see anything that jumped out at me.... I did try an upholstered headboard but that didn't go well- it was too short-- i need height approx 57-60 inches high... There was this one on craigslist but i'm afraid its too "modern" for my traditional home? and its high 61 high at the highest point- might be too high and also since its just a headboard i hear that its not completely secure so it can move back and forth- not sure i would like that....{{!gwi}} and the ones online are too much $$ - restoration etc.... so now i'm thinking wood? Or Iron??

I did buy the bedding and pillows--- so now i need the furniture-- what would you put where? I was thinking some sort of either reading chair (to the right of the bed by the door) or bench(by the window) a dresser, nightstand-- and then something higher for under the TV-- the console there now will go-- its temporary-- too low for the space. Any thoughts? Pics??

View from entry door

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

To the right of the bed

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

By the bay window

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}