SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Reality hit me yesterday...

mboston_gw
14 years ago

We were in church yesterday - a comtemporary service where it is not unusal for people to come in late - even 20 minutes or so. Well the seat in front of my husband was empty and this younger guy came in really late and sat down. He was probably in his 20's, was wearing a jacket with skulls and crossbones on it, had a motorcycle helmet, which he put under the seat. He sat there for about 15 minutes or so and got up and left. A little while later, DH noticed a lighter on the floor under the chair. Hmmm, when I saw my husband looking down at it, my first thought was I wonder if that could be more than just a lighter. Thoughts of all the bombings, terrorist threats etc came to my mind. I wanted my husband to get up and go tell someone, instead, he slid the church bulletin under it and looked at it carefully. It happened to be a clear blue Bic type lighter. Nothing inside it, or attached to it. Harmless - but it really scared me. Ten years ago, no one would have given it another thought - just picked it up and thought nothing more about it. Times have changed...

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor