SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Oh what a beautiful day to be outside and play

girlsingardens
16 years ago

In Nebraska the weather changes so quickly it can be a change of 50 degrees in one day. For example DH had a snow day yesterday because we had 8 inches of snow from late Sunday through the morning. And by this early afternoon all the snow was gone and it was 60 degrees outside.

So even though everyone has colds I took the girls and Hayden outside and had some fun. They rode their bikes up and down the driveway and pulled each other in their wagons. Hayden stayed in his infant seat and just soaked up the sun. I went poking in the front gardens and see my strawberries are starting to poke out, I see the top knobs of my rhubarb, tulips are up 4 inches. My other perennials are starting to come up too. Each year I cover all my gardens with leaves and debris so that it insulates the gardens. Everyone asks me each fall why I don't clean out my flower beds, considering my main bed is 10 feet wide by 25 feet long, plus a lot of other beds in the front and back yards. Even my small sedums in pots are starting to come back under the layers of leaves.

Boy let me tell you being outside just for an hour was awesome. I was starting to get a headache before we went out but it went away after getting some sun and fresh air.

So is it starting to feel like spring where you are at???

Stacie

Comments (6)