SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_wayman

gift for a diabetic?

Linda Wayman
16 years ago

Our neighbor is a diebetic. He has had one leg amputated because of it. We just found out a couple of days ago that he has been in the hospital for almost three weeks and was in danger of losing his foot on the other leg. Fortunately they didn't have to remove it. He came home yesterday. His wife works full time. I would like to make a dinner or at least a dish of some kind to take to them, but I have no idea what is safe for diabetics. Does anyone here have a suggestion?

He's a really nice man and very friendly when we see him and talk to him, but we rarely see him. He goes out into the back yard for a short while weather permitting to sit while his little dog goes out to do his business. I only know this because his dog barks at my dogs and they bark back. His dog is small and mine are big and have loud barks. When I go to the fence to get the dogs away and make them be quiet I can see him through the cracks of the wood. Sometimes I yell a hello to him, but other times I don't. He usually has his back to me.

Anyway, back to the question. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Linda

Comments (7)