SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaotay

I can make Scones too.... ( pic )

ritaotay
16 years ago

LOL

I started out with AnnT's Raspberry Scones recipe... But I didn't have any cream or raspberries or, for that matter, any other fresh or frozen fruit... So how did I make them?

I'm so glad you asked... lol

For Thanksgiving I thought I'd have to make two pumpkin pies because I mistakenly bought the large can of pumpkin... Since I only had one can of evaporated milk I whipped up a batch of substitute canned milk using powdered milk then mixed the two together... When I found out I could freeze half a can of pumpkin, ( thanks Terri ! ) I put half the milk mixture in the freezer too... ( I didn't like the idea of using the pumpkin for the scones... )

Ok, so now I have the 'cream' but I'm still lacking fruit... Welp, I had a really good handful of mini chocolate chips but wasn't sure if that alone would cut it.... I checked in the fridge,,, Hmmmm... Ah yes, Jessie's fig jam ( thanks Nice Lady! )... Oops, all I have left is a teaspoon or two, not enough... Let's see, what else... Jams... Nope... Jellies... Nah... Ooooo, some Solo apricot pastry filling... YES!

So I added the chocolate chips when I added the 'cream' and when it was mixed I added some of the apricot filling... I made a mess because I only used 2 cups of flour in the mix and used the other 1/4 of a cup on the pastry board... Oh, I left out the salt and used 1 tablespoon of no sodium baking power.... Anyway, the finished product!!!

Ok, so they don't look as good as everyone else's but mine sure taste good and left the whole house smelling luscious... ( Three were gone by the time I got the camera out... ) I may make them every week, just to make the house smell good... LOL

Rita

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!