SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drkona

SingleDad asks 'What would you do to the outside of my house??'

drkona
16 years ago

So, this is an INCREDIBLE group of folks. Thank you for all the responses to my other post.

Now that I have remodeled the inside , I am ready to tackle the outside.

This is a great house....has awesome potential. I would like to try to improve my curb appeal. Here is what I see as priorities...:

#1 I need ideas to dress up the outside entryway/front porch. I replaced the front door(which I love!). I was thinking to widen the walk up to the porch(maybe double the current width of the concrete walk). I was thinking of using paving stones??

And should I re-build the actual porch?? There was an old wrought-iron railing on either side of the entry stoop that I had removed.

#2 Driveway: Currently it is gravel.....thinking of either paving stones....and then have them flow right up as a walk-way to the front door...*or* just black top and then stone walk. Not sure about the cost difference.

#3 Landscaping: The front is *blah*. I will never be, nor have TIME to garden much...but would like to dress up the front of the house..use those flower beds across the front of the house with something easy to manage. Not a huge fan of boxwoods BTW!. I took out two UGLY boxwoods that were on either side of the front porch...

#4 What would you do with the boxwoods on the grassy area between the street and the circular drive(notice there is also a concrete walk between them from road to the driveway?? Don't ask me? ;-)). The do provide the ONLY privacy for the front of the house, so I had to dig them up...maybe have them trimmed? What about the little sidewalk in there??

Now here are the pictures. Thanks so much in advance. I want to hear any and all ideas. If any of you can use photoshop, etc to show me your ideas, that would be AWESOME!!

drk

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!