SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2krypto

new here -- wolf 60 or Lacanche? Experiences?

mom2krypto
14 years ago

Hello new friends,

I've been lurking for awhile but finally registered as we are beginning plans for a new home and I could use some advice.

I am considering a 60 inch DF Wolf (probably with the French top module), but am also intrigued by the look of the Lacanche.

A beloved and ridiculously talented friend has a Wolf DF and had to have the entire inside replaced as it was not "spot on" as she put it. (Kudos to the company for fixing her problem.) However, the fact that she had to have the entire inside replaced after just 2 years makes me nervous about that potential candidate. Can others of you who have the Wolf comment on your experiences, good and/or bad, including customer service? (Right now I have a 36 inch Kitchen Aid DF and it works like a charm...I have a second KA oven in the island and no problem there either...but I would like more stove top space.) I have also used Dacor in the past and liked it too, but again, it only goes up to a 48 inch.

I was almost set on the Wolf until I started lurking here and saw some comments from Lacanche lovers. If we got one it would probably be the Sully. (I want the 1800 but don't want to add an extra foot to the width of the kitchen, and therefore the upstairs as well.) I adore the LOOK of the things, but can any of you attest to the quality and reliability of them, and how do you get them serviced if they break?

Finally, I've always used electric in the oven (now with convection), but am reading that gas has its merits, especially with when it comes to keeping meat moist. If I do get the Wolf DF, should I try to work in a third (gas) oven somewhere?

All thoughts welcome and thanks in advance!

Comment (1)