SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nraizman

Choosing a 60” Range - Wolf, Bluestar, Viking?

nraizman
5 years ago
I am a “serious” home cook with prior restaurant experience, but also a dad of two young kids. We are doing an addition and planning on a 60” range. Looking at a few higher end options and wondering if anyone has insight, ideas or warnings!

Note: we live in a warm/temperate area and will have an outdoor grill and a Big Green Egg, so I am not planning on having a grill configuration. I do only a moderate amount of baking but a good bit of roasting, broiling and oven cooking. I plan on doing a 24” griddle and otherwise burners. I use a wok on occasion and sear a lot, so having serious burners is important, though not sure how much difference there is between 18k and 20k and 23k BTU...

While I’d love the Bluestar Salamander I don’t think it’s going to happen for aesthetic reasons: ie wife nixed it. :) Ovens: I am okay with either gas or dual-fuel. Wondering about broiler quality.

So Bluestar Platinum, Wolf, or Viking. My wife likes the looks of the new Viking Tuscany but I am worried about reliability and performance. The real La Cornue is $50k and not an option, nor am I interested in a “real” Aga. La Canche seems pretty but I don’t know much about performance. My wife doesn’t love the look of the Bluestar, though I would love open burners, and so Wolf might be the best “compromise”.

Thoughts? Any options I’m missing “?

Thanks in advance!

Comments (21)