SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19773636

So sad...

User
10 years ago

I had to put my kitty down last weekend. She was a beautiful tortoiseshell named Bob and she was "my" girl. I saw her through three years of renal disease and her lab work was quite stable as recently as February. My partner and I were away on vacation when the cat sitter called to tell me that Bob's belly seemed distended. Sitter took her to the vet the next day and she was admitted to the emergency hospital.

I cut my vacation short and came home. X-rays weren't revealing much but an ultra-sound showed carcinomatosis. My kitty had little cancerous nodules throughout her abdominal cavity that contributed to the fluid building up in her tummy. My partner came home the next day and we went in together to visit with her one last time. I'm so grateful that she went so peacefully.

Now, my heart is breaking! She used to be waiting for me whenever I came home. I lost someone who loved me so much. Our animal friends love us like nobody else can...

I have her cremains on our glassed in book case. The pet memorial folks enclosed the rainbow bridge poem, and her ashes are in a velvet bag that reads "Until we meet again at the rainbow bridge."

Bob's daughter is lost without her. Doing our best to adjust to the new normal here.

Thanks for listening.

Comments (19)