SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

What do you think about chain laws?

quirkyquercus
16 years ago

I'm very excited. My county recently passed a no-chain ordinance for dogs. The rules are very specific also and requires yard-dogs to be fenced. You can use an invisible fence system but a sign must be posted in a conspicuous place.

There are neighboring counties and cities also considering no-chain laws.

For a while I didn't think it was a good idea since I figured people would just not chain/tether/tie up their dogs and they would just be free to roam around but now I know this is also illegal and I feel like this ordinance is a step in the right direction. Many thanks to those in communities across the nation who go before your city council and fight for rules like this that are in the best interest of neglected animals.

My county is not going out to respond to complaints about these violations yet. They say it will be 6 months before they do to give people time to put up a fence or house train their dogs. They are mailing letters out though if you supply them with an address.

For those of you that already have chain laws can you tell me if they are actually enforced or is it like those laws that say restaurant workers have to wash their hands? (Pretty much not enforced)

Has any good or bad come of the chain laws?

You may be wondering why I am so excited about this. It's because on our walks we walk past by so many homes with unrestrained dogs and dogs that are chained to trees in lieu of a kennel or fence. Even with new luxurious homes people still keep their unloved dogs chained up outside. The boyz and I are going to be on patrol! People better shape up and get responsible or pay stiff fines.

Comments (10)