SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bleigh_gw

Shih Tzu picky eater

bleigh
13 years ago

I'm needing a little support here. My one year old Shih Tzu has decided to be picky with his food. I've been feeding him Nutro Natural Choice small bites (lamb and rice formula), but he's never been all that excited about it. He would still eat it twice a day (usually after sticking his nose up at it for a couple of hours) until recently. I've mixed a little plain yogurt to encourage him to eat and sometimes canned food as well. Being that I don't want to mix in other food for every meal, I tried the Newman's Own Organic just to see if he would eat it. First two bowls he ate, now he's back to turning his nose up. I know a lot of folks do a lot of different things to take care of their fur babies. While I would love to cook for him and/or feed him raw, that's just not going to happen daily (unless he's sick). I just want to provide him with a good quality dry food that he'll eat and that will keep him healthy. Crazy thing is he will eat the nasty junky food. My friend feeds her yorkie yuck food and he gets in her bowl sometimes and is as happy as can be to eat that nasty stuff.

Anyway, would love to hear some suggestions. Maybe there is a magic good quality food out there that they all love??

Comments (14)