SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notolover

Broken Hearted this morning

notolover
11 years ago

I am very sad this morning.

Although I have had dogs/cats in the past, because of my current situation I am only pet mom to 2 box turtles. They go out for the summer, but their enclosure had to be replanted. While I was doing that I had them out in a Tortoise playpen.

I have used this a lot since I got it, but I put it in a different spot yesterday and those 2 escape artists got out--there was only a half inch gap that I didn't notice. I think they worked together to lift it to get out.

Luckily my DH found the one I had the longest (over 30 years), but the little male I've had for about 15 years I fear is gone for good. My yard is not fenced and they headed for a wild area at the back of my lot. There are many places to hide. If he goes too far he will fall into an irrigation ditch and be swept away.

I live in the rural high desert so being an eastern box turtle, he doesn't know what he is in for. I am so mad at myself for not being more careful. I'm going to put some water and food out for him when it's sunny in that area, but I'm really not holding out much hope.

I feel so guilty knowing he faces certain death.

Comments (9)