SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Cider pressing

annie1992
10 years ago

OK, so I'm a bit late on this, we've been pressing cider off and on since October, but I think we're finally done.

Here's how we started. Elery and my nephew Eric, turned the crank on the cider mill that Dad made me.

We used all the apples that were not perfect, like these. They are all washed and perfectly usable, they did not have insects but they did have some surface blemishes, as I do not spray them.

We got 11 gallons from the first pressing, we strained it into big 5 gallon thermal coolers for want of a better large container. When I got it home I decanted it into quart canning jars and put it in the freezer.

I don't like it as well canned, it just turns into apple juice without the fresh cider flavor. So, at Christmas we'll have some mulled cider and all the kids have some in their freezers too.

So, the kids were happy, they got sandwiches with homemade bread and donuts and fresh cider. I was happy, the apples didn't go to waste and I have cider for baking and drinking. Even the animals are happy as the cows and horses and pigs got the pulp left after the cider is pressed. It's only fair, everyone should get a treat, LOL.

Annie

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH