SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francienolan

Help! China Cabinet but no Dining Room!

francienolan
13 years ago

I'm new here and I'm learning so much! We are moving from the house we've lived in for the past 36 years to the my mom's house where I grew up. Mom's house has a very strange floor plan, and I'm having a bit of a problem with furniture placement.

My china cabinet is my favorite piece of furniture that I own. I definitely want to keep it.

The problem is, my mom's house has a so-called dining room but it's too tiny for both my DR table/chairs and a china cabinet. There is a large eat-in kitchen so that's where the table/chairs will go. The only place I can find to put the china cabinet is in the "dining" room. But not only is it tiny, it opens onto the master bedroom. My mom always said the only purpose the room served was to hold the house together!

I am playing with the idea of making the DR into a sort of sitting room or something. I have some nice vintage chairs and no place to put them. But I'm wondering if that will look totally weird.

The china cabinet is white, but the chairs I have are stained.

Is there any to add two links to a post? At any rate, I'll follow up with a link to a before pic of Mom's DR.

Any advice? Please?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (15)