SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cefreeman_gw

Have I lost my mind (again)? (Another saga.)

CEFreeman
12 years ago

Well, today I hunkered down and sawed out the cabinets under my peninsula.

My evil plan is to put the beaded inset cabs there (which I got at my reuse center and LOVE). I'd dreamed of it, and needed an electrical outlet there for my microwave cabinet.

Wellllll....

I saved enough $$ to have my electrician over. He wired for undercabinet lighting, then turned around and asked, "So! About this outlet...?"

Oh oh. Time to put the dream into action. I got out my pry bar, my sawsall, my Fein Multi-master, and my screw gun. And any other implements of destruction I could find.

Wham! Wham!

zzzzzzz ZZZZZZ (ouch)

Dropped the pry bar on my ankle while sitting Indian style on the floor.

Whack! Whack! WHACK! (Oh, crap.)

EHHHH Mouse poop. Comes from having a home very open to nature.

SLAM SLAM SLAM. oops.

BAM BAM BAM.

ZZZZZZzzzz eeeeeezzzzz SQUEEEEEEEEELLLL

Oh, boy.

POUnd pouND Bam Squeek!

Whew.

So. Got the cabs cut out. Ancient particle board is pretty easy to just break with your hands once you cut a few slits in it.

Didn't ruin the lazy Susan, (which I found on the side of the road, so gotta keep. Price is right!)

But just by accident, (oops) I pounded off the face frame for the sink.

That wouldn't be so bad, but it's on a wayy old cabinet

(read: particle board of the 60s)

retrofitted to hold my Kohler, 'Hawthorne' 280lb Farm sink.

Well, one of my dreams is to buy a beaded face frame for that, so God and my demo hammer is facilitating my rush.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. More progress, whether or not I was ready for it. Came home from work a few minutes ago, walked into the kitchen and my first thought was..

"Oh, crap. I forgot about this mess! :)

Ok, story over.

Tomorrow? I'm going to try to stick my cabinets in there!

Wish me luck

Comments (9)