SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Pet names

toomuchglass
18 years ago

I have no imagination when it comes to naming pets.My black dog was named Shadow - now I have an Anna ,Ellie & Poppy.

Just ordinary names. Do your pets have any 'fancy' names ?

Comments (70)

• michelle_s_phxaz
    18 years ago

Sherry! Little face! How CUTE is Zoe??? What a sweetie! How old is she? I LOVE the Ragdoll breed, I couldn't love my furbabies any more. Oops, yes I can!

Thanks, Jenny and Lucy!! That is so nice of you to say! Lucy, if you want or need any info on them, let me know. I have lots of info, and I have the absolute BEST breeder for you if you are interested.

Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: RazlDazl Ragdolls

• lucykt64
    18 years ago

Thanks Michelle, I checked out that breeder site. What gorgeous cats. I live in New Hampshire, so I would want to purchase from a local breeder, I wouldn't want the poor baby to be shipped. There are Several breeders here in New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts. BUT I am going to have to wait several years for my baby. We have a housefull, and I want to bring in a New pup & New Kitten at the same time. We did that with our Lab, Samantha and Our beautiful long haired Cat Sassy. They were Best friends!!! Sassy use to clean Samantha's face, ears etc. They truely LOVED each other. I know in my heart that Samantha misses Sassy as much as I do.
    So Someday, Some year I will have a Wonderful Ragdoll Baby.
    Have a great night!

Lucy ox

• Related Discussions

Pet names

Q

Comments (18)
    Trina was named Katerina. The second day she was with us, "dance, ballerina, dance" was playing; she stood on her hind legs and danced around in circles in time to the music. I refused to name her Ballerina. One of my first cats adopted me shortly after walking up the lane to our house. He jumped up on my lap and began to purr. I asked him, "What is your name?" and he responded, "Tchee, tchee." We pronounced it Chi-Chi, and that was the only name he ever answered to, when called. So, no cute names, just minor histories.
    ...See More

Do you name your machines?

Q

Comments (13)
    I never thought to name my machine,until I traded in my old one, which I usually screamed at in four letter words, for the next model up. My friend said, so what did you name your machine...name my machine I thought??.. why would I do that? But the perfect name came to me (bear w/ me here)...While going to a quilt show in PA, I was with two old friends and a new quilting friend I just met that very day. For whatever reason (I suspect multiple senior moments), I could not remember my new friends name, (even though we had email back and forth prior to the show about meeting times etc.)All day long,every time I spoke to her I called her Sylvia. She was a good sport about my social faux pa, and by the end of the she responded to Sylvia. It was within a day of that event that I purchased my new machine...and well in honor of my new friend...I named my machine Sylvia.... You know who you are and thank you!
    ...See More

Clever Pet Names?

Q

Comments (103)
    We had a wonderful mutt we named Woodstock Nation. When a kitten adopted us, our 4 yo dtr named her Dorothy. I have no idea why. We had her for many years. The most beautiful cat we ever had was very tiny with the longest, softest, all black fur you can imagine. Her name was Malificent Underwood. Beautiful as she was, she didn't like to be bothered with any one but our baby boy. (We got them at the same time.) As soon as could walk he carried that cat around all day long, and she slept with him. We called her Cat. I love this old happy thread.
    ...See More

Nicknames/pet names

Q

Comments (38)
    Husband had a couple of nicknames for me when we were dating and in early married life but have forgotten what they were. lol He just calls me by my given name these days. He never liked his first name and goes by his middle name, Richard and that's what I call him but his friends all call him Rich, I never have. We do have some nicknames for our kids. Firstborn son, Kody, was called 'sonshine' for several years, ages 2-5, for his happy ways but that faded with time and he's now just Kody and is 52 years old. Middle daughter, Kandra Sue's nicknames are Kankan or Susie and she doesn't mind, celebrating her 50th birthday tomorrow. The funny one is our youngest daughter, Kyla. When just a tiny baby she would make the funniest little squeaking noises and we started calling her 'mouse'. She's now 46 and we still call her 'mouse' and sometimes her husband calls her that as well. Many years ago when she was on the swim team and swimming in some of her first meets at the age of 3-1/2 to 6 we would be yelling 'go mouse go' when she was in her lane and people would look at us like we were nuts. :) BTW she won her first ribbon in the age group 6 and under at the age of a couple months before turning 4, and swam backstroke at that time as she didn't like putting her face in the water. :)
    ...See More
  • nightowl
    18 years ago

I envy people with nifty, themed pet names! Ours are from all over the place and sometimes don't make a great amount of sense. (Our first family pet was a black cat named Tiger. Showered sparks of originality thinking up that one!)

Mimi........16 y Siamese, named after our favorite aunt.
    Little Bit..10 y chow, she was 1/3 size of litter mates.
    Bopp.........7 y lab, named after comet Hale-Bopp.
    Casper.......3 y tiger, named after "Friendly Ghost."
    Buffy........5 y lab/chow, named after "the Vampire Slayer."
    PeanutButter.1 y cat, named after Evan's favorite food.
    Kaylee.......6 mth calico, named after "Firefly" character.
    Mouse........she passed on Friday, she was the bravest kitten and grew into the shyest of cats, she was named for "Mighty Mouse!"

All the Ragdolls are adorable...such gorgeous blue eyes!

• irishdancersgram
    18 years ago

Our's aren't too original....
    Prince Simba-Red Persian
    Clancy-orange Tabby
    Kalley-(aka-Chubs) Russian Blue look-alike
    Kelly-Black & White tuxedo
    Momma-gorgeous long haired grey and white feral
    Freckles-tortie-Momma's daughter. (Clancy's mom)
    Buddy-gorgeous, very big, all black feral-Momma's son

We have been taking care of Momma for probably 7 years and she brought Freckles and Buddy to us when they were so tiny. After Freckles had her litter (Clancy) we were able to have them all spayed/neutered and now they live happily on our back patio....

What would life be without our pets????

• lucykt64
    18 years ago

Very Very Boring!!!!!! LOL

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    18 years ago

That name --- "Rufus - the Dufus" just struck my funny bone !!! We're starting to call Poppy,
    POOPIE .......... since she just can't figure out that Pooping is supposed to be done outside !

• michelle_s_phxaz
    18 years ago

Best dog name ever: Beans

I don't know why, but I thought that was just the cutest name ever!

• sherry326
    18 years ago

Thanks, Michelle

Zoe is 3 monthes and a very new addition to the family.
    I love how in the pictures of yours, they are sitting in their little baskets.
    I fell in love with the Ragdoll breed when I saw a woman carrying one around in her arms at a furniture store, just as calm as could be, let me pet her and all. My other cats would have headed for the hills if I tried that with them.

• michelle_s_phxaz
    18 years ago

Sherry, I knew she was just a little tiny thing, how cute! Take lots of pictures, it is amazing how Ragdoll's color changes as they age. They get to their full color and markings at about age 2. They are born pure white, and you can see how dark some of them get!

My mom wove those baskets for her "grandkids" for Christmas! She had given me one basket a few years ago and Lily hijacked it. She sleeps in it all the time, but the other two wanted their turn. So mom made them all one!

I know my Rags wouldn't allow me to carry them in a store, but you are right, this is the most laid back breed I have ever encountered!

Michelle

• lorinscott_1
    18 years ago

My pets are named:
    Pepe .......... Shar Pei cross, 8 yrs. old. Looked like the Taco Bell mascot with his big ears when he was a pup, hence the name.

Sunny ......... Yellow Lab/Sheperd mix, prenamed by previous owners, adopted at two years old from Humane Society, now between 10 & 12 years old.

Wolfgang ...... King of the Silver Tabbies, he's a long haired and golden eyed small boy, only about 15 pounds. He loves to give head butts and is about 12 years old. Rescued from feral mother.

Koko Puff ..... Tawny coated colorpoint with blue eyes, rescued from feral mother. Loud and obnoxious, but also sweet, he demands attention.

Winkie Dink ... Absolute black with green, green eyes, he's a big 'un, about 23 lbs. and is like a panther. Has one small spot of white fur on his lower belly, it only shows when he rolls over for a bellyrub. This cat loves everyone, dogs and all. Also rescued from feral mother.

Jinx .......... Small short-haired black with golden eyes. She's a teeny thing but very affectionate. Rescued from feral mother.

Also dear, departed Gunther, a mongoloid idiot cat, who passed a few years ago. This cat was stunted, never got more than 5 lbs, had crossed eyes and trouble coordinating. Sweetest cat in the world, finally had to put him to sleep....born last in litter from feral mother.

• carpenterlady
    18 years ago

We have:

Hugo a leonberger, He was named by his breeder.

Einstein I believe he is border collie/golden retreiver mix, my daughters dog. She had high hopes for his intelligence.

Max, Son of Einstein and my husbands GSD female(Hildi, German name for a GSD), My daughters teenage boyfriend named him, bf wanted him but his mother wouldn't let him have Max.

Lizzy, My youngest daughters Golden Retreiver, Her registered name is:(My daughters name)'s Lizzy Padme Lizzy because my daughters middle name is Elizabeth and Padme because my daughter is a Star Wars fanatic.

The cats are Zoe, Mimi, and Coal. Zoe is mother to Mimi and Coal. Zoe's name was Elmo until I explained to my daughter she was a girl and Elmo was a boys name. Sesame Street must seem unisex to kids. We have had her for six years. Mimi is named after Mimi Bobeck(the character on the Drew Carey show). Her beautiful eyes look like she is wearing a lot of make up. Coal because of his beautiful long black fur.

• shell8
    18 years ago

My dogs names are Spritzer, Kelsey(part of my maiden name) and Thumbelina.

Cockatiels names MAC, Micki and Lucky

• alison
    18 years ago

When I was in college, I worked on a kibbutz. When the little kids liked some thing, they said it was "yofi" -- cool. I always thought that was a great name. So my old cat, a black long-hair that looked like a Norwegian Forest Cat, was Yofi abu Azim -- "azim" meaning something similar in Arabic.

The people who originally resuced my new cat named him Frankie, because of his Ol' Blue Eyes.

{{!gwi}}

But I never liked Sinatra, so he's now Franklin (for Franklin County, where we live) Fishpaw, for his odd habit of reaching up to tables and shelves and fishing around with his paw for little things he can run away with.

{{!gwi}}

• lorinscott_1
    18 years ago

LOL...."Fishpaw"!! What a great pic!

Had to laugh, too, 'cause my dd named her first cat Sinatra. Not because of his blue eyes, but because he was always "singing".

Thanks for posting your pics!

• cat22woman
    18 years ago

My cats earned their names.

Mr. Dingles (he certainly earned that one!) - Persian mix
    Precious (real original, lol) - Seal point Himalayan

• schoor
    18 years ago

I like original pet names...something with a story behind it.

Blackie - my first cat. got her on my 16th birthday and she lived for 16 years. She was totally white haired :)

Luke - My boxer. Called him Luke because the dog at the back of us was called Laura and the minute he saw her, he was smitten! (Get it...Luke and Laura...can't remember the soap opera they were on though). His registered name was terrible and I hated it, I didn't give it to him though.

Randy - My Rotti. Called him this because he was well...Randy! He would hump anything! And he was nuetered too!

Coco and Cinnamon - our current cats. They are torteshell colored and Coco has a little more chocolate color then Cinnamon who is more orangy/red.

Lola - our newest addition. Our mixed breed puppy...kids and hubby named her. I wanted Sadie, but was out voted 5 to 1! It's growing on me though, but for the life of me I still call her Lulu sometimes by mistake. Yikes!

Oh and we have a bunny called Blaze because of his blaze of white down his forehead. And a hamster called "Dude, you bit me!" Shortend to just Dude. Why call him that? Cuz the first day we got him he bit me 3 times and bites everyone who tries to touch him! (Have had him 4 years and he bites still to this day! And spits and lunges at the cage at people. But we love him...we just don't touch him!

• sheilakay
    18 years ago

daisy, shes my dog, named one skidmore one time......lol had a muffie and a rags also ,sheila

• momcat2000
    17 years ago

My black lab is - ShaNaeNae Renee
    My alley cat is - General George Patton
    and his wife, my white shorthair - Beatrice (Miss B for short)

• smile247
    17 years ago

We have a Min-Pin named Tabasco.Thats the name his previous owner named him. We call him so many things from Tabascer, Tabascer Boo,or just basco or bascer. Im sure he's truly confused.His brother was chocolate and his name was Angus.Also named by the same person. We sometimes call him Angee. There father was chocolate also and we named him Gaston from Beauty in the Beast. He was a Christmas gift to our kids in 2000 and we let them choose between Samson or Gaston. Sadly he died 2 days after Christmas a couple of years later. He was run over by a dirt bike my brother in law was riding. There will never be another Gaston.:0)

• patches_02
    17 years ago

Have two shih-tzu's one is Patches because of her black and white patch. And Sassy because of her attitude. Don't know what we'd so with out them.

• too_many_pets
    17 years ago

Our Siamese is named Duncan, after the children's book Duncan & Delores..."DUNCAN REALLY LIKES ME!!" My first Siamese was Mick, after Mick Jagger. Our long-haired calico is Georgi Girl, because we found her in the woods behind our house, which happens to have the name GEORGE in our street name. I have a cat named after our favorite priest, McCartney-not for Paul McCartney! I had a long-haired cat named Rhiannon, the witch in a Fleetwood Mac song. My black kitty is Sebastian. My Maltese is Lily, because we got her 2 days before Easter, and naturally she's all white. My mixed-breed is Andy, mostly because it went with Alex, my Shepherd Mix who has since passed on. My ducks are Elton & Gracie. Rabbit is Thumper-how utterly original!!

• todancewithwolves
    17 years ago

I usually give my animals Irish/Gaelic names.
    Quinton- 5th child, St. Bernard/Lab
    Ruari - the red king, chocolate Cocker
    Eirn - emerald isle, black Cocker
    Tuppens - currency, silver Persian

Then there was non-Irish names
    Earl - I love the name, black cat.
    Bubba - huge lionhead goldfish
    Luke - Black moor, named after St. Luke
    Fazer - Huge St. Bernard/Lab

• User
    17 years ago

Since this was started in April and I named my pets, I need to add one. I fostered two kittens from July 28 till the middle of October. I took them from their semi wild mom and kept them in my carriage house for almost three months. I kept Henry and he's been in the house over a month and is a complete doll and I'm happy to say his brother Buster was adopted to a loving family I was told.. Happy ending all around as their two older by a few months sibs are still wondering around semi wild like mom. They need to be trapped but I don't live near there.

• oakleif
    17 years ago

rescued chihuahua-pug mix is Cricket
    rescued blueheeler-hound mix is Dillen after Matt
    Dillen cause he came back from near death as Matt Dillen did several times.

• birding_nut
    17 years ago

Our black lab's name is Cora. I had a black lab, named Raven, when I was a kid. So, to honor him (he was a phenomenal pet and hunting partner) I named our dog Cora. I am a biologist that studies birds. So, when one records birds on data sheets, you make it simple by taking the first two letters of the common name. So, American Robin would be AMRO, Northern Mockingbird would be NOMO, Sage Thrasher would be SATH, etc, etc. Thus, Common Raven (the full name of a raven) would be CORA. Hence, my labs name Cora. I thought it a fitting tribute to my dog Raven.

BN

• oddity
    17 years ago

We had an orange tabby who recently passed named Fox. We also have a blue tortise named Dana. Fox and Dana were named after Fox Mulder and Dana Scully on the TV show the X-Files. We just got another kitty named Oscar, but he came with that name and since he is 6 years old we decided not to change it.

• jrdown
    17 years ago

My family has two 6 month-old sister kittens ... Lucy & Lola and Wesley, our puppy.

Lola is a medium-haired black cat with white socks. Gorgeous silky coat. She has green eyes and got her name from Lola, who was the Devil's helper in "Damn Yankees". Lola is definately the boss of Lucy and therefore the phrase, "Whatever Lola wants ... Lola gets" is very fitting!

Lucy is a short-haired, coarse-haired green-eyed tortoiseshell with the most loving perosnality and is very, very funny. She finds the fun in everything and loves to make up chase games. She got her name after Lucille Ball and sometimes we call her Lucille.

Wesley is our male 4 month-old Cavachon. He rightfully has earned his name from a character in "The Princess Bride". He is so into our family and just being with us that he will do anything we ask of him. The character, Wesley, is a stableboy who is in love with Princess Buttercup and always responds to any request of hers with, "As you wish". That phrase fits our Wesley to a tee!

Just as a side note: Lucy has decided that if Lola is to be the boss over her then she is going to be the boss over Wesley. Lucy will come up to Wesley (who isn't doing anything) and bop him several times across the face. The dog just leans backward with a look in his eyes saying, "What the heck is going on and what did I do to deserve this?". It is all too funny!

Robyn

• lostnca
    17 years ago

*jumping in on the name bandwagon* We have a Banshee who was rescued at 4-5 weeks out of a drain tile. She came out of course screaming like a banshee. Bansee is 17yrs old now. We also have Mo sort for The Moleinator and she lives up to her name as she is controling the neighbors population of moles. However, my yard is still plentifully stocked. lol She proudly brings us a mole everyday.
    Pee Wee is the deaf jack russell (another post coming on him today). He has gone through a number of names til we found one that fit him. The breeder called him Bear, we called him Caruso, the vet Caruso Bear and then because of the obvious Pee Wee and sometimes for short Peezer or Peezie.
    The Maltese is called Daffy for an acrobatic skydive move that she looks like she is posing for when she stretches.
    Finally we have Chester the Molester the new kitten who had his first shots yesterday. He walked into the house and put Pee Wee into his place in seconds and will attack him at the bat of an eye. They are best buddies and will even curl up together and sleep.
    My favorite names for cats we have had in the past are Tiny Diney, short for Dinosaur.. he was almost extinct when we found him starving to death. Then there was NOC or Not Our Cat who found us one summer. The first trip to the vets sounded like a rendition of Whos on first when we kept saying Not our Cat. lol

• micke
    17 years ago

Kokomo Jo was my daschund growing up (just cause micke's chewy buttons didn't win on the registration form)
    Klink Baron Bond was our German Police.
    then we have the Shih Tzus Gizmo, Gadjet, Gidget and Prissy
    My sons Chihuahua is Pearl Jam.
    My brother has some interesting names for his pets however,
    Harley, 'Cuda, Challenger, Charger and R/T. I joke that he was looking at his vehicles every time they were trying to think of a name for them. Next time he gets a pet I would bet 50 bucks it's name will be Indian, the only thing he has that doesn't have a pet named for it.

• girlwithaspirin
    17 years ago

After searching for a pug puppy for two years, I got an e-mail from a show breeder I'd been communicating with. She had a new litter, and while the two boys were potential show quality, the little girl was obviously not. Fingers crossed, I called my husband. But he just couldn't understand why this great breeder had a puppy for us. So I explained... her teeth are crazy, her coat is thin, and she doesn't have enough bone to be a champion. He was quiet for a moment, then it dawned on him.

"Wait... so she's a lemon?"

She sure is. She's my Lemon. :)

• foosacub
    17 years ago

todance - LOVE the Irish names :)
    girlwithaspirin - too funny!

D.T. - Rottweiler we had when I was younger (abbr. of his registered name, Dunlop's Terminator.. put a lot of thought into that one.)

Cleo - calico kitty that lived to be something like 18 yrs old. She was a prissy b!tc$, above everything and everyone. She would permit a once-weekly rub between the ears, and nowhere else... and she would make sure you knew it certainly wasn't for her benefit.

Thor - the beatiful pit bull my brother just got. Seemed funny at the time, because Thor still didn't have his 'big boy' growl... he just kinda squeaked.... but he has since grown into it. ;) He's still somewhat of a puppy, goes bumbling about like a bull in a china shop.

Seth - orange tabby who's still hanging out at my parent's house. He's probably somewhere between 8-10, very thoughtful, sweet kitty. I'm not a big cat person, but he is just a doll.

• beeanne
    17 years ago

Dogs-Josh and Cleo
    Cats- Webster, Grey Tail (formerly freckles), Squeak(formerly Angie) and Terror Cat (formerly Raven)

• dirthappy
    17 years ago

The day I purchased Cody, I called my daughter who had a baby name book. She tossed out alot of names and Cody was the one I liked best. We went through all the usual dog names but none suited him. So it's Cody, Bud, Swee' Pea, Cody J. Bugger-boo. He comes to them all.

• noinwi
    17 years ago

DH and I were getting ready to go on a road trip one summer, when a puppy was dumped in our yard. We had been thinking about getting a dog, but not until after our trip. DH is Finnish, and I asked him how to say 'too soon' in Finnish...he replied 'liian(leon)aikaisen'...hence, we took "Leon" with us on our trip and he's been with us for 11+ years.
    Our 14 year old cat, was brought in to a vet clinic we both worked at, and we put the 'little cat' in a cage and always referred to her as the 'little cat', so we put "LC" on the cage name plate. She's not been a little cat for many years, but she's still our "LC".

• dirthappy
    17 years ago

Oh, I forgot one...Cooter. Why? I haven't the foggiest. He just was acting crazier than a coot. Don't even know if it has a meaning.

• mboston_gw
    17 years ago

Our first dog, part Sheltie, was named Whimper because that is what she did all night long for several weeks.

Second dog was Poppy, a cockapoo, lived to be 18 and was named Poppy becuase DH didn't think he wanted to keep her since she would run and hide from us. We called her Puppy till I finally convinced him to keep her - so we had to have a name similiar to Puppy - hence Poppy. She turned out to be HIS dog, not mine!

Third dog was my son's birthday present, he named her Chelsea after Clinton's daughter. Chelsea lived to be 14 and was a Brittany.

Our new minilabradoodles are 5 months old. Their names are Amos and Andi. DH wanted to name them Alpha and Omega (don't ask why - he is a physicist). We wanted names to go together and when he suggested Amos, Andi just popped out of my mouth. We have since decided we should have named Andi - Yoda since she jumps constantly and leaps around. Amos should have been Darth Vader since he is all black.

• susywy
    17 years ago

the most fancy name I have seen it's the one of one of the puppies I sold. the new owner named him ELVIS" I really like the name when he told me. the dog is a white bulldog with blue eyes.

• matti5
    17 years ago

My favorite tv show is Seinfeld, so I named my ten year old black lab, Cosmo (Kramer's first name). Our first black lab was named by the kids, Blackie.

I'm Italian, so growing up, we always gave our cats and dogs, Italian names..Sophia, Gina, Mia, Bella, Lorenzo.

matti

• oceanbaby
    17 years ago

Only one cat (wish we had more) by the name of Ella. I had an Aunt Ella who would have been over 100 years old by now who had very poor eye sight. So when we adopted our cat who is now 3 - she had blocked tear ducts - and so I thought - let's name her Ella! This way it's an old family name and a reminder of a great woman!!!

• pranjal
    17 years ago

We have Nikita (Niku), Max (Maxicoot, ChubbyChops), and Simba - all rescued from the streets. Niku responds only with a flick of the tail when you call her name. 'Nikku' means the youngest person in a Punjabi household (Punjab is in India); Niku is our first cat and the youngest in the house 4 yrs ago.

Max had a bad case of giardiasis and wasn't putting on weight, so I tried to balance it out with the name - Elephas maximus. Funnily enough, he's the one I'm trying to get to shed at least a kilo (he's 8 kg now).

Simba - the youngest, and the largest, is a classic black tabby, thinks he's a tiger, and walks around growling instead of mewing. Sucks his tail at bedtime. Totally my baby, follows me everywhere, plays tag, fetch, and goes around calling ""Mommmmawww".

**Sigh** what would we ever do without these purr-machines !!

Hugs n kisses to all the pets out there who enrich our lives ...

• labmomma
    17 years ago

I like all the names. Lemon and Elvis especially.

Our Names: Dogs:

Golden Son of Warwick - Sonny passed 7-01

Catherine's Special Valentine - 12 yrs. - Martha a/k/a Foosy Girl, Boofus, Wafu, Sal, The Warden (former owner called her Thumbelina) I changed that when I rescued her.

Jollymuff Charming Lowell - 5 yrs. - Lowell - no nicknames

Jollymuff Country Gentlemen - 2 yrs. - Chester a/k/a Chett, Einstein, Chetter Bug, Chess, Cheese Rat

Cats:

Tigger - deceased
    Skippy - deceased
    Charlie - deceased -
    All died from CRF - I guess it is something in the water here?????? Also, I have learned from this forum that you can keep a cat with CRF alive. I intend to question the vet should it ever occur again.

Oliver - 5
    Handsome -3
    Louis - 7 mos.

When we add another puppy, we will add a female and her name will be Ruby. DH and DD hate it, but they have chosen all of the other names, with the exception of Handsome, I found him so I named him.

• vegas_t
    17 years ago

What a cute thread!
    I am going to jump on board.

Shmeesha (sunshine in Arabic) he is my domestic shorthair that we thought was a girl oterwise his name would be Shams... we were so used to saying shmeesha that we couldnt change it.

George (longhair cat) Shmeesha's brother but he was fat and my daughter called him Georgie Porgie.

Zindin Al Ahsan but we call him "Zizou" for short is our pug puppy. Zindin roughly translates to beauty of religion and Al Ahsan means the great. We named him after the best soccer player Zindin Zidane since he would walk around headbutting when we first got him!!

• shiollie
    17 years ago

Ok, this might be long ~grin~
    Tj malone
    Tasha Marie
    Beau bobo
    Max well smart

Cats....
    Oliver, Sebastion, Turtle, Bonzie, Molly, Jazz, Precious, Chompers, Taz, Cali, Cher, Luckie, Tommy, Kellie, Munchkin, Greyboy, Tigger, Marissa,Spunkie, Niah, Mickie,Danny, Eliza, Thor, Demon, Sally, Spekkies, Marbles, Oscar, Mariah and finally, Chenille
    And throw a bird into the mix.. Hishee

• onyxdaily
    17 years ago

My current dogs are:
    Jasper - saint bernard
    Jynx - black lab
    Brandy - hound

Past dogs:
    Onyx - black lab
    Dusty - little brown mix of some sort
    Andy - poodle
    Joshua - lapso opso (no idea how that should be spelled, lol)

• kfntaine
    16 years ago

our peekapoo, Lacey because she's a little snob and i love her for it... and the she is most defintitely a girlie girls dog, which i am completely.

our tabby cat, Frankie (franklin leonardo) , because he's tall, elegant and demands attention.. or so i think :)
    depends on if you ask me or my husband.. he calls frankie.. frank the tank.. haha

• texasredhead
    16 years ago

We had a Cardigan Welsh Corgi named Mumbles after our favorite village in Wales by the same name. The actress Carherine Zeta Jones is from The Mumbles. We now have two Pembroke Welsh Corgis named Corky and Casey after two friends in Cardiff, Wales.

• Pamela Church
    16 years ago

All of my childhood pets (and there were many) were named by my older sisters. The first that I named was my snoodle (schnauzer and poodle) whose full name was added to by the entire theatre dept of my college, lol. I named him Belvedere (after an old cartoon). When I took him to rehearsals, he ended up with "Belvedere jello bologna-tongue do-nothing-dog Church the third, sir!" - all said in one breath.
    My current pets are Mama Sadie (adopted on Sadie Hawkin's Day) aka Shady Lady (because she was pregnant - oops),
    her kids, Buster, Dave, Teddi, and Sofi, our mall parking lot kitty Einstein (his hair was very Einsteinish as a baby), and our Border Collie/Dalmation sisters Maggie and Molly (the humane society had named them Daisy and Dolly).

• cloudy7
    16 years ago

First and foremost, choose a suitable name. For example, calling a male, ferocious, German Shepherd, Bozo may not feel right. Similarly calling a female French Poodle, a masculine name will not look right either. Also remember that whatever name you select, you may have to call that loudly in a crowd as well. If youÂll be uncomfortable doing that, think of some other name.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pup Names

• Kate Anne
    5 months ago
    last modified: 5 months ago

Choosing pet names is a delightful and meaningful task. It reflects the personality of both the pet and the owner. Whether inspired by appearance, character traits, or famous figures, the right name can capture the essence of your furry friend and create a special bond from the start.

if some one need help in choosing names of your different pets i am here for you