SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zipdee

Red .. White .. I can't decide.

zipdee
16 years ago

The kitchen is inching along. We have finally removed all the floors that needed to be structurally replaced, being very careful with the heart pine so it could be put back down. This coming weekend the sets of french doors to the back deck will go in. Thursday we have 1000 square feet of clear pine beadboard being delivered, for ceilings and a few walls.

I have my stove, I have my hood, I have my soapstone farm sink. I found a place locally that will sell us slabs of Mariana Soapstone ( same as my sink ) so we can fabricate it ourselves. We're almost ready to put in the order to IKEA for the Tidaholm ( frameless shaker ), which we will be painting white ourselves.

I need to make my fridge order soon and here's where I'm waffling back and forth. We have a vintage tappan stove that's going in, the knobs have red glass behind them that light up red when the burners are on. Since I've really worked to keep the prices reasonable for our kitchen, my big splurge is a Big Chill fridge. Part of me say red, red, red .. the other part wants to play it safe, buy white and bring in colors with accessories.

More details : Floors, heart pine that's original to the house, Mariana soapstone counters and sink, white subway tiles behind sink and stove, white beadbord ceiling. Stove vintage tappan and the hood is made by Independent, Bonanza. The fridge will probably be free standing alone, with beadboard on the wall behind it.

So with all that said :

Red ?

Or

White?

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor