SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

every make homeade butter?

14 years ago

I found a recipe for making homemade butter in the food processor and tried it out. It was much easier than the time in 2nd grade when the teacher handed us a baby food jar of cream and said, "SHAKE!" It was really neat to watch the process, and it tastes great because was able to control the amount of salt (I also added a bit of sour cream). I put it on homemade bread. It was a great combo.

I made the bread in the food processor (all hail the food processor, I'm using it more and more these days) and used the microwave on the lowest power setting to help rise the bread a little faster (as per a suggestion also found online).

I don't think it's financially beneficial to make butter at home, since butter is cheap and cream is so expensive... half of it doesn't turn into butter anyway. Plus, store bought butter has those great little measurements right on the stick! Still had fun though, and thought I'd pass a link to the process along in case any of you find it interesting. I bet many of you have done this before already.

Here is a link that might be useful: butter

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz