SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmunsh

Please help me create a starting layout for a challenging space

jmunsh
10 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am a brand new member looking for some help designing my kitchen layout. A colleague of mine suggested I post a floor plan of my floor space in hopes some of you kind members would be able to give some layout ideas. It is a bit of a tricky space because there is a load bearing wall in the middle of the available space. Through the support wall we currently have a window cut-out as indicated (not sure if I can convince my DH to put in support posts instead of the wall). The ceiling height is 8 feet.

We are a family of four. We do lots of home cooked meals and lots of baking too.I am open to putting the sink and range wherever makes most sense. I currently own a 30 inch stainless range that I am keeping. I also own a new stainless fridge which I believe is 32 inches. I also have a relatively new dishwasher that is staying as well, but can be moved. My DH and I are considering adding a new exterior window along the east wall. I would love to have an island with seating for 2 or more.

I am meeting with an KD next Tuesday. I would love to have some preliminary ideas to bring to that meeting. Thank you very much in advance for your help!!

Julie

Comments (25)