SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fivefootzero

Update...We have arrived on the Dark Side!!!

fivefootzero
13 years ago

Cross-posted from kitchens.

If any of you remember my dilemma, my husband didn't want soapstone, I did. Well, after going to a few granite yards, and soapstone places, we have arrived!!!! He actually found slabs that HE covets. It was well worth it to take our time and see what we were drawn to. We both knew it would be dark vs. light. After finding a granite that we both liked, and then finding out it was WAY out of our price range, we then moved back to looking at soapstone. Another factor that was considered...putting our samples to the test with a pry bar, balsamic vinegar, tea, coffee, etc...and then repairing any scratches or marks with a green scrubbie and some oil. Well, I think that's what sealed the deal.

So I present to you our slabs...Santa Rita Venata. Please know that these photos in no way do our stone or our cabinet door sample justice. They were taken with my Blackberry camera (why don't these things have a better camera???). I have no idea why I didn't bring a real camera. They are silky smooth, have beautiful veining, lots of milky swirls with a hint of caramel in them (I think that's what make him smile).

Thank you to all who provided solutions, support, and just plain humor when I last posted.

Next up, which sink...Ticor or Kraus??? D-shaped sink for a 30" cabinet. Both are around the same price. Are there any differences? Recomendations?

Comments (2)