SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

What Have You Been Doing Today?

What a day this has been! Our electricity went out at five this morning and was off for two hours. Shortly after it came back on, Amber called saying her husband had hooked up the generator and the ceiling fan in her bedroom was on fire. He rushed to turn the generator off and in the process the living room door got stuck and when he pushed on it the full glass broke. Luckily it was safety glass. The fire got put out and eventually the smoke smell got aired out. Now a ceiling fan and a full glass storm door will have to be replaced.

Cheryl and I went over eventually and entertained Alyssa while her Mommy did some things. Tomorrow evening they are having her second birthday supper.

Today since I got home I have been fixing food. I have fixed the barbecued pork for sandwiches, made deviled eggs, coleslaw, squeezed the lemons for the lemonade, cut up 3 kinds of cheese, cleaned and cut up the veggies for the vegetable tray, and peeled the potatoes and cubed them for the cheese potatoes I will put together and bake tomorrow. I will also heat up the ham and slice it to take. The dessert for tomorrow will be the Hello Kitty birthday cake and ice cream and strawberries dipped in white chocolate.

I am now ready to head up and get ready for bed and watch some television. Long day here. How has your day been? We are thankful nothing else worse happened. Hope your day was a good one.

Sue

Comments (14)