SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruby_red_09

Dog chronic vomiting once or twice daily

ruby_red_09
15 years ago

My nine year old Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (Toller) has been vomiting on and off for almost an year now. It has become more common as the days went by and now for the past 3 months she is vomiting daily. Usually 4-6 hrs after she eats. After four vets, 2 blood panels, stomach and chest x-rays, they could not find anything wrong. Today we had the ultrasound done, which shows that the abdominal wall is thickened. Liver, kidney, and spleen are all fine. So now they want to do exploratory surgery to see if they can find anything. I am very much gainst this, as my dog is perfectly healthy other than vomiting episodes. She has not lost weight. We tried all different kinds of food from hypoallerginic to hydrolyzed protein diets and home cooked turkey and rice. It basically does not matter what she eats. We tried metochlopromide, Pepcid AC complete, antibiotics, flagyl etc., etc., with no luck. Right now she is on Cerenia (12mg) and that is the only thing that seems to be able to control the vomiting. Not sure if Cerenia can be given long term.

Please help.

Comments (19)