SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

An icky day.

caroline94535
12 years ago

I'm fighting the third bout of a sinus infection / cough / chills / fever / dizzinesss, etc. which has hung on for several weeks. I went to a doctor 10 days ago. She wouldn't give me any antibiotics because my "snot was not green." Let me tell you, green snot is not (haha) the only indicator of health, or lack of.

I went back to the doctor again yesterday. I knew there had to be a lung problem along with the sinus bug. The coughing pain was getting to be unbearable; I've been freezing no matter how much I bundle up. I can't sleep, and if I do manage a few winks I have to be sitting upright so I don't "drown."

I insisted she X-ray my lungs. Yep, I have pnemonia. She gave me some antibiotics.

My blood sugars, blood pressure, cholestrol, and all the usual diabetic tests were shooting up all over the board. She's attributing some of it to the length of time I've been ill.

The tech had to also burn three "spots" of what she called pre-cancer skin cells off of my forehead. I had a tiny dry patch, not even 1/8" across that kept itching. I asked her to look at it. She found two more that I couldn't see.

They used a tool that looks like a large permamant marker. The end was the size of a pencil eraser. He had to hold it to each spot for 30 seconds. I wanted to scream, but I managed to get all three removed. When (if) I'm feeling better any time soon, I'll go back and they'll go over all my skin to make sure that's the only spots.

Now? I have hot tea. I have the last season of The Tudors. I'm going to let the pups run amock, drink tea, get lost in the drama of the 16th century, and let my abused forehead heal. I have pre-cooked food in the fridge for when Wes gets home. No cooking tonight!

Talk to ya'all later when I can speak, breath, and concentrate.

Comments (12)