SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawn1089

Kitchen Renovation and Trends

shawn1089
12 years ago

I've been doing a lot of research for a kitchen renovation we will be doing this spring. There are some STUNNING and AMAZING kitchens posted here with a lot of thought and hard work going into creating amazing kitchens. I have noticed a lot of white cabinet kitchens -- do you think this is a trend or are white kitchens timeless if done right? I only ask this because I had white appliances in my last house and those did not go over well for re-sale. My cabinets were cherry but had too much of a pattern so buyers did not like that either.

I've noticed many of the Farmer's sinks are white. How does one keep them clean? I also ask because I had a white corian sink and after many showings all I got was that all my potential buyers hated white sinks and would never buy a house with a white sink...so my dilemma in taking all these things into consideration when doing a new kitchen.

That being said I'll continue to research and move forward with estimates. And this time I am designing a kitchen for me and husband and not thinking about resale - since it didn't work so well before. I do lean towards the white or cream cabinets and wood floors. I also hear from those who hate the footprints on the wood floors. Another challenge in planning!

Comments (11)