SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
victoriajane_gw

I need you to tell me that red is a bad idea (unless it isn't)

victoriajane
15 years ago

So I'm all decided on my 36" BlueStar range and Modern Aire hood. Couldn't be happier. Meanwhile, on the other end of the kitchen, we have designed a corner for a zero clearance fireplace. Some time ago we decided that instead of an actual fireplace we really wanted to put a wood burning stove (like a Vermont Castings) in the space. All along I've been thinking we'd get a shiny porcelain black enamel stove to match the shiny black range I thought I was getting (back in my Cornufe Albertine days.) Now that we're getting a stainless steel Bluestar with cast iron top, I figure we'll switch to a regular finish cast iron wood burning stove. But then I came across a Vermont Castings stove in beautiful red (called Bordeaux) and that got me to thinking about the ruby red Bluestar and Modern Aire's ability to color match...I think you can see where this is going. Of course if I change to red stoves I will have to lose my checkerboard floor to keep it from competing/clashing (change the floor to ebony, keep everything else in the room subdued.) And my vintage/industrial theme would be compromised , without the stainless steel range. But...red! so fun! so tempting! Okay, this is the part where I need you to tell me it's a bad idea and I should just go with what I was planning before I stumbled upon the (beautiful) red stove.

Comments (10)