SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kim72_gw

New here...looking for advice on my living room. Pics included.

kim72
14 years ago

Hi, My name is Kim and I'm a SAHM to a 3.5 little boy. The budget is tight so we have done the best we can over the last few years with decorating our living room. It is a odd shaped room with a useless room in the back which we use as an office.

My living room has been a thorn in my side for years now. I'm never happy with it and I think I know why. Too much BROWN. Brown has always been a safe color for me and I went overkill with it. Brown carpet, walls, furniture, etc. Way too much brown. Since the budget is very low I'm trying to come up with affordable ways to make changes.

First of all we are going to paint. I was thinking a golden color like Restrained Gold but maybe I'm still playing it too safe. New floors are an option but my husband and I are arguing over hardwood vs. carpet. He wants carpet and I want hardwood. He will settle for hardwood if its the dark stuff. Again, more brown...ugg. That would be way too much dark in this room. I'd like to do a light wood in the room.

I'm going to try and post pictures and I hope that I can get some advice on paint color, floor color, and anything else that may help brighten up this room. Thanks so much in advance.

Kim

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)